Senior Accountant (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Accounting at Brex
The Accounting team at Brex ensures we have perfect financial reporting, but even more so, we serve as the testers of Brex’s financial products, providing analysis and feedback as the first users before product releases. We’re not only responsible for maintaining accurate books and records for financial reporting, but we’re deeply passionate about automation and partner closely with the engineering team to implement technological improvements.
What you’ll do
The Senior Accountant will play a key role in ensuring the integrity of our financial records and in developing scalable and sustainable processes as the business grows. As the Senior Accountant, you will be exposed to various areas, including but not limited to Brex Business Accounts, Brex card and the Empower products, intercompany transactions, key controls, and more. As the Senior Accountant, you will work cross-functionally across the organization within a detail-oriented environment where creative problem-solving is highly valued. The Senior Accountant is expected to manage multiple priorities concurrently without compromising quality.
- College graduate with a 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3+ years of public accounting or private industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and address difficult situations in a professional manner
- Ability to provide “outside of the box” solutions
- Passion for having an owner’s mentality toward responsibilities and career growth
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage deadlines effectively
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to examine and verify financial documents, reports, and transactions; research and analyze accounting transactions; verify the accuracy of data; reconcile financial data and accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Ownership of accounting processes related to the Brex Business Accounts and other payment products
- Ownership of accounting processes for intercompany activity, including expense sharing, service revenue, borrowings, and receivables
- Preparation of financial statements, regulatory and call reports associated with regulated entities
- Leading reviews and analysis of assigned account groupings for month-end close
- Supporting month-end close with the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations, including the creation of SOPs to transition this work offshore
- Identifying and delivering process improvements via cross-functional collaboration
- Creating sustainable, repeatable, and scalable processes
- Identify key controls in the areas of ownership mentioned above and ensure process documentation is complete and accurate
- Knowledge and experience within the financial services industry, including broker-dealers and payment transmissions
- Knowledge and experience using NetSuite, BlackLine, Looker, and/or other data visualization software
- Licensed CPA
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.