Financial Crimes Technology Manager (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal and Compliance Team at Brex
Financial Crime Compliance sits within the broader Legal and Compliance (“LC”) team at Brex. We help the company grow responsibly, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We own the compliance policies for the company, provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex from Financial Crime and other compliance risks, and represent the company externally on key regulatory and policy issues. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
You will sit within the broader Financial Crime Compliance team and assist with the implementation, maintenance, and review of compliance systems, such as transaction monitoring and sanctions screening. You should have expertise in building compliance models, tuning, testing, and validating them. Additionally, you'll work closely with engineering and operations stakeholders to project manage and drive these matters. It's essential that you can clearly communicate your needs in a fast-paced and ever-changing FinTech environment. You will also play a role in educating stakeholders on making system improvements, helping 1LOD colleagues build controls, and writing supporting documentation.
The right candidate will have broad expertise across AML, sanctions, and various other components of financial crime. Moreover, they must be willing to jump in to help the team and support Brex wherever needed, all while building risk-based controls. You should be flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing regulatory and business environment.
- Support the 1LOD with implementation, maintenance and review of compliance systems
- Creating process and documentation to support financial crime controls
- Advise stakeholders on industry standard for rolling out new compliance systems
- Responsibility for mapping requirements from DFS Rule 504 to Brex’s filtering and monitoring program
- Liaise with bank partners and regulators about Brex’s compliance infrastructure
- Support stakeholders identify improvements, uplift and fix compliance systems if controls fail
- Project managing the roll out and changes to compliance systems
- 7+ years of experience working to analyze, implement and maintain compliance systems in a regulated financial services firm
- Experience building and implementing compliance models
- Experience devising testing, tuning and validation plans and implementing any proposed enhancements
- Experience working with auditors, regulators and bank partners and being comfortable with presenting technical compliance systems to them in a user-friendly way
- Must have strong experience with project management
- Technical aptitude in understanding complex money movement across payment methods and rails
- Familiarity with interpreting and utilizing data analytics tools (SQL, Looker, Excel), including designing, debugging and organizing data for a wide audience
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team (Legal, Engineering, Product Management, Data) in designing operational work-streams and internal controls
- Experience using Verafin and ComplyAdvantage
- Previous experience in FinTech
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.