Senior Counsel, Product (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibly, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you'll do
You will help us bring our products to market. You’ll determine requirements by working with outside counsel and consultants around the globe, provide strategic advice on risk and regulatory ambiguity, and collaborate directly with stakeholders, including product, engineering, marketing, sales, and partnerships, to find creative solutions to business issues.
- Provide pragmatic, actionable advice on requirements for existing and new products
- Have significant experience counseling at all stages of the product lifecycle; be a good partner for early scoping, then provide rapid and tailored advice through and after launch
- Analyze laws and trends and help our product teams ensure compliance with the same
- Advise the company, including executive leadership, on key legal issues
- Draft customer agreements and online terms that meet regulatory requirements
- Advise on product and marketing collateral, customer communications, and disclosures - we value clear, concise, and customer-friendly writing style
- Structure and draft partnership and commercial agreements with regulatory interfaces
- Ownership mentality and comfort working on complex matters that require judgment
- Project management skills to stay on top of a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in, and passion for, working with EPD (engineering, product, design) and operational stakeholders
- 8+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and fintech companies
- Deep familiarity with U.S. and international laws and regulations that can apply to fintech products and services, such as GLBA, ECOA, and FCRA
- Demonstrated experience in payments, lending, banking, card network rules, and/or global expansion is strongly preferred
- Law degree and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.