Senior Manager, Bioactives Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Brightseed is a pioneer in biosciences and artificial intelligence (A.I.) that illuminates nature to restore human health. Brightseed’s proprietary A.I., Forager®, accelerates bioactive discovery, biological validation and ingredient formulation from years to months, rapidly revealing new connections between nature and humanity. Through Forager® and clinical evaluation, Brightseed partners with organizations across the consumer health continuum to offer insight into the world of bioactives and health solutions. Visit www.brightseedbio.com to learn more.
Bioactives are small molecule compounds produced by plants, fungi, and microbes that are essential for their survival. Bioactives also benefit the health of humans – they are the enlivening caffeine in tea, the powerful antioxidant lycopene in tomatoes or curcumin in turmeric, and they are the active ingredients in medicines like Taxol, aspirin and Metformin Science has long known that bioactives are critical to human health, yet the vast majority remain unknown and uncharted – often referred to as the “dark matter” of nutrition. Brightseed’s A.I., Forager®, discovers bioactives in nature and maps them to human health outcomes at a rate and accuracy that was previously impossible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sr. Manager, Bioactives Product Marketing will support the launch of Brightseed’s bioactive ingredients through marketing initiatives with the goal of driving industry demand, sales and brand value for Brightseed’s novel health solutions. Key responsibilities include executing a B2B ingredient marketing playbook that drives demand for Brightseed’s bioactive ingredients among customers and their consumers.
The Sr. Manager, Bioactives Product Marketing will demonstrate excellence in B2B marketing and sales by developing compelling content for marketing & sales assets, as well as activating multi-channel campaigns that fill and convert Brightseed’s funnel of ingredient buyers, which include companies across the consumer health continuum (Food & Beverage CPG, Ingredient B2B, and Consumer Health brands).
Reporting to the Senior Director, Product Marketing and Insights, the Sr. Manager, Bioactives Product Marketing will have an opportunity to design campaigns and lead the execution by working with cross-functional teams as well as interfacing with customers. This role is critical to Brightseed and will help usher in the company’s next phase of growth by activating its new bioactives ingredient brand and business.
BRAND AND STRATEGY MARKET EXECUTION
- Create B2B marketing campaigns to build customer awareness and demand in Brightseed’s growing bioactive portfolio as new products launch.
- Execute outbound ingredient marketing activities for Brightseed’s portfolio of bioactive ingredients, including using traditional media, digital media, email, and more.
- Lead Brightseed’s trade show program; identify key events and lead end-end activation of the Brightseed brand pre-show, onsite, and post-show.
- Develop and launch ingredient demo products to showcase Brightseed’s bioactive ingredients.
- Identify key product and brand assets required and lead the development and implementation among internal teams, external partners, and customers.
- Partner closely with Leadership, Product, Communications, and Scientific/Medical Affairs teams to review and align on plans, assets, and messaging.
- Determine key success metrics and report on the effectiveness of marketing initiatives in generating qualified leads, conversion, and overall value to sales; manage metrics using Hubspot CRM.
SALES TEAM ENABLEMENT
- Work with sales to ensure marketing campaigns and tactics align with sales strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive portfolio of sales-marketing collateral (e.g., presentations, one-pagers, case studies, etc.) in collaboration with Sales and Product teams.
- Support bioactive ingredient Sales team on an ongoing basis to develop customer collateral, presentation materials, and talking points for key sales moments and meetings.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of marketing experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience of in-house B2B health ingredient marketing; previous marketing experience required with B2B food & beverage health ingredient companies
- Deep understanding of consumer trends in multiple industries, focused on nutrition, health and science
- Seeks out and incorporates customer and competitive insights to inform actions
- Proven track record of sales-generating marketing results; deep understanding of sales lifecycle and marketing to sales funnel
- Self-starter and strategic, creative thinker with a history of pushing for deadline-driven results
- Willingness to staff trade shows and travel based on marketing plan
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, able to influence across the organization
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
THE BENEFITS YOU’LL ENJOY
As a lab based company, where in person collaboration is key to drive innovation, we encourage all team members to be in our office most days each week. However we appreciate and honor the need and desire for flexibility and have implemented a hybrid working model. We have a fully stocked healthy kitchen, a gym onsite, plenty of free parking, weekly team events and a state-of-the-art lab and office.
We offer a competitive total rewards package with team-first benefits programs for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid time off, life insurance, employee assistance programs, 401(k) plan, a mental health platform, employee discounts, payroll credits for cell phone and commuter costs and a paid parental leave program.
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to making transformative discoveries with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail-blaze in uncharted territory. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self expression.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Brightseed requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If hired we will require you to provide proof of vaccination.