Senior Engineering Manager
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for experienced engineering managers to lead our engineering teams. These people manager roles focus on delivering high-quality projects, growing engineers, and helping us grow the teams and the engineering organization.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that can continuously build, iterate, and learn without sacrificing quality.
- Collaborate closely with the organization's designers, clinicians, and leaders to create a high-quality user experience.
- Define and maintain processes to ensure the quality of our products.
- Set goals for team members, evaluate performance, provide coaching and facilitate professional development.
- Providing technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, and reliability.
We’d love to hear from you if the following describes you:
- Has led cross-functional engineering teams through building out greenfield projects and experience leading through migrations between services.
- Experience providing feedback, coaching, mentoring, and facilitating career growth of team members.
- Experience building collaborative teams that work to understand the needs of their users.
- Skilled at communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate with all parts of the organization.
- Experience with end-to-end quality best practices and their implementation
- Strong skills working with product & organizing teams around early-project ambiguous goals into executable steps.
$250,000 plus equity
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo Health is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
We have recently become aware of the fraudulent use of our name on job postings and via recruiting emails that are illegitimate and not in any way associated with us. We will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information as part of the recruiting process, such as your social security number; send you any unsolicited job offers or employment contracts; require any fees, payments or access to any financial accounts; and/or conduct text-only interviews. If you suspect you are being scammed or have been scammed online, you may report the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and obtain more information regarding online scams at the Federal Trade Commission.